Sep 13, 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS 13/09/18
Sushma Swaraj will be on two-day visit to Moscow
Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan approved by Cabinet will empower farmers & strengthen Agriculture sector
- Mrs Swaraj will hold the meeting of the 23rd India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Technical and Economic Cooperation (IRIGC-TEC).
- It will be co-chaired by Mrs Swaraj and Mr Yuri Borisov, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation.
Cabinet approves New Umbrella Scheme Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan
- Giving a major boost to the farmer initiatives, the Cabinet yesterday approved the new umbrella policy, PM-AASHA aimed at ensuring remunerative prices to the farmers for their produce.
- Under the PM-AASHA, states would be allowed to choose from three schemes, existing Price Support Scheme, newly designed Price Deficiency Payment Scheme and Pilot of Private Procurement Stockist Scheme to undertake procurement when prices of commodities fall below the Minimum Support Price level.
- The CCEA also approved an over 25 per cent hike in the price of ethanol produced directly from sugarcane juice for blending in petrol.
- The Union Cabinet today approved new Umbrella Scheme 'Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan, PM-AASHA.
- The Scheme is aimed at ensuring remunerative prices to farmers for their produce as announced in the Union Budget for 2018.
- New Umbrella Scheme is comprised of Price Support Scheme, Price Deficiency Payment Scheme and Pilot of Private Procurement and Stockist Scheme.
- This step aims at protecting the farmers’ income which is expected to go a long way towards the welfare of farmers.
CCEA approves 25 percent hike in ethanol price
PM Modi urges people to be part of ‘Swachhata Hi Seva Movement'
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved over 25 per cent hike in the price of ethanol produced directly from sugarcane juice for blending in petrol
Women and Child Development Ministry issues advisory on the deadly online game Momo challenge
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called upon people to be part of the ‘Swachhata Hi Seva Movement’ beginning on Saturday and strengthen the efforts to create a Swachh Bharat.
US marks 17th anniversary of 9/11 attacks.
- The Women and Child Development Ministry has issued an advisory on the deadly online game Momo challenge, asking parents to monitor social media activity of their children to ensure that they are not engaging in the dangerous game.
Sep 10, 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS 10-9-18
Gadkari, Adityanath to lay foundation stone of Delhi-Saharanpur Highway in Baghpat
India, Bangladesh jointly inaugurate three projects
- Road, Transport and Highways Minister, Nitin Gadkari and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Yogi Adityanath will lay the foundation stone of Delhi-Saharanpur Highway in Baghpat
India joins elite group of countries capable of Air-to-Air fuel transfer
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina, and Chief Ministers of West Bengal and Tripura today jointly inaugurated three projects in Bangladesh via video conferencing.
- These include 500 MW additional power supply from India to Bangladesh, Akhaura - Agartala Rail Link and Rehabilitation of the Kulaura-Shahbazpur section of Bangladesh Railways.
African countries will continue to be the highest priority for India: EAM Sushma Swaraj
- The first ever mid-air refuelling of the indigenously developed light combat aircraft Tejas was successfully carried out today, placing India in an elite group of countries having air-to-air refuelling capacity for military planes.
I&B minister flags off 9 DSNG vans for Doordarshan
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj today said African countries will continue to be the highest priority for India.
- Mrs Swaraj witnessed the signing of an agreement between the Ministry and Telecommunications Consultants India Limited, (TCIL) on the implementation of e-Vidya Bharati and e-Aarogya Bharati--Network Project in New Delhi today.
Peru celebrates return of stolen gold funeral mask found in Germany
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore today flagged off nine DSNG vans of Doordarshan in New Delhi.
World must rapidly shift from dependence on fossil fuels by 2020 to prevent runaway climate change: UN chief Guterres
- Peru is celebrating the return of an ancient funeral mask made of gold following a two-decade legal battle to repatriate the smuggled antiquity from Germany.
Al Zeyoudi to head UAE delegation to upcoming Global Climate Action Summit in California
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has warned that the world is facing "a direct existential threat" and must rapidly shift from dependence on fossil fuels by 2020 to prevent "runaway climate change."
Nepal: Om Prakash Mishra sworn-in as Chief Justice of Supreme Court
- A high-level UAE delegation, headed by Dr Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi, Minister of Climate Change and Environment, will take part in the upcoming Global Summit on Climate Action, to be held in San Francisco, California, from September12to14,2018.
Florence expected to become a major hurricane as it heads to US
- Justice Om Prakash Mishra has been sworn in as new Chief Justice of Nepal.
- The President Vidya Devi Bhandari administered oath of office and secrecy to Justice Mishra in Kathmandu this evening.
- Earlier in the day, Parliamentary Hearing Committee (PHC) unanimously endorsed his name for Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
- In the US, Hurricane Florence is expected to become a dangerous 'major hurricane" later today as it heads toward the US East Coast, the National Hurricane Center said.
Sep 09, 2018