Sep 17, 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS 17/9/18
- Vishwakarma Jayanti being celebrated
- It is a day of celebration for Vishwakarma, who is considered the divine architect and carpenter.
- It is believed that he constructed the holy city of Dwarka, and created weapons for the gods.
- His mention is found in the Rig Veda, and is credited with Sthapatya Veda, the science of mechanics and architecture.
- It is generally celebrated every year on 17 or 18 September in Indian states such as Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, and Tripura.
- ISRO successfully launches PSLV C 42 with two British earth observation satellites
- Indian Space Research Organisation successfully launched PSLV C 42 with two British earth observation satellites NovaSAR and S1-4 in precision at 10.08 pm from the Sathish Dhawan Space Centre Sriharikota.
- With the successful launch of two British satellites on Sunday, the total number of foreign satellites launched by India goes up to 239.
- Indigenously developed weapon system 'MPATGM' successfully flight tested for second time
- Indigenously developed weapon system Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM), was successfully flight tested for the second time from the Ahmednagar range
- Swachhata Gram Sabhas organised in villages across the country
- Swachhata Gram Sabhas are being organised in villages across the country as part of fortnight Swachhata Hi Sewa movement.
- The agenda of the Gram Sabhas is to monitor the status of cleanliness in their Gram Panchayats and make an Action Plan for the future.
- Mountaineers Satyarup & Mousumi climb Asia's highest volcanic peak Mount Damavand in Iran
- Mountaineers Satyarup Siddhanta and Mousumi Khatua created history by climbing Asia's highest volcanic peak Mount Damavand in Iran.
- Mount Damavand is the highest peak and also a potentially active volcano.
- Moutaz Mousa Abdallah becomes Sudan's new PM.
Sep 17, 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS 17/9/18
Sep 14, 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS 14/9/18
Hindi Divas being celebrated across country today
EAM Sushma Swaraj to co-chair 23rd meeting of IRIGC-TEC with Russian Dy PM in Moscow
- Hindi Divas is being celebrated across the country today.
- It was on this day in 1949 that the Constituent Assembly adopted Hindi written in Devanagari as the official language of the country.
Suresh Prabhu to take part in G-20 meet in Argentina 0n 14/9/18
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will co-chair the 23rd meeting of Inter-Governmental Commission on Technical and Economic Cooperation (IRIGC-TEC) with Deputy Prime Minister of Russian Federation, Yuri Borisov in Moscow on 14/9/18
- IRIGC-TEC is a standing body which annually meets and reviews ongoing activities of bilateral cooperation in the fields of bilateral trade and investment, science and technology, culture and other issues of mutual interest.
- The Commission, after taking stock of bilateral cooperation in various fields, will provide policy recommendations and directions in the concerned fields.
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu to embark on 3-nation visit to Serbia, Malta, Romania
- Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu will participate in G-20 trade and investment ministerial meeting at Mar del Plata in Argentina today.
- Issues including increasing protectionism, challenges to promote global commerce and new industrial revolution are expected to be discussed at the meeting.
Country's first Tribal Tourism Circuit to be launched in Chhattisgarh today
- Several MoUs including in the field of Agriculture and Tourism are expected to be signed during Vice President's visit to these countries.
PM Modi to attend ‘Ashara Mubaraka’ in Indore today
- The country's first tribal circuit tourism project under the Swadesh Darshan scheme will be inaugurated at Gangrel in Chhattisgarh.
- Swadesh Darshan scheme was launched in 2014 -15 and it is one of the flagship schemes of the Ministry of Tourism, for development of thematic circuits in the country in a planned and prioritised manner.
- Under the tribal circuit theme of the scheme the Ministry has sanctioned 4 projects to Nagaland, Telangana and Chhattisgarh for Rs. 380 crore
- Major components sanctioned in the tribal circuit theme include eco log huts, craft haats, souvenir shops or kiosk, tourist reception and facilitation centres, open amphitheatre, tribal interpretation centres, workshop centres, tourist amenities centres, last mile connectivity, wayside amenities, viewpoints, nature trails, solar illuminations, signages and solid waste management among others.
Justice Ranjan Gogoi to be next Chief Justice of India
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend Ashara Mubaraka, the commemoration of martyrdom of Imam Hussain, organized by the Dawoodi Bohra community in Indore today.
- Prime Minister will also meet the 53rd religious head of Dawoodi Bohra community Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin.
- Dr Saifuddin is holding nine-day religious discourse at the Saifi Nagar mosque in the city, which began on Wednesday.
- Justice Ranjan Gogoi will be the next Chief Justice of India. Law Ministry today notified the appointment of Justice Gogoi.
- He will succeed Chief JusticeDipak Misra